Go down 
AuthorMessage
L3nnY
Acid Rain Clan Member
Acid Rain Clan Member

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2010-06-30

PostSubject: Fr3ak   Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:02 pm

Greetings to my long-time, but not recently well-connected, {AR} family. I write this post today in a note of sadness: My good friend Fr3ak passed away last week after a long battle with cancer. He was my friend and my brother before we got started in this {AR} family; I loved him and I miss him.

My apologies for not positing something sooner, but as many of us have found over the years, life gets in the way sometimes. We get busy, we neglect some relationships for various reasons, invest in others. Marriage, kids, jobs, hardships, all of that....stuff just gets in the way. Even though it's been 14+ years since I lived near to Fr3ak and spent many hours with him, I could call him any time and chat like no time had passed.

The last few years were certainly difficult. He was diagnosed with colon cancer, had surgery & chemo, but unfortunately he had a fairly aggressive mutation. The cancer attacked the healthy parts of his body. Primarily lungs and liver. He had known for about 8 months there was nothing more that could be done, it was just a matter of time before the cancer "won", by taking him from us.

Side note: during this time, last June (2017) I was diagnosed with cancer too. Though a much more tame/treatable type of cancer. Fr3ak and I traded stories of treatments and chemos. Shared many a text message about losing our hair, nausea, meds we were taking, our families and lives around us. After completing my chemo treatments, we kept each other in good spirits for upcoming scans. Both of us hoping for great results; I cried in joy with my family the day I got my results that were "all clear". Less than 24 hours later I cried in sadness when Fr3ak's results were much, much worse.

I was lucky enough to be in a position last December where I went to see him and we went to UFC218. It was a short trip, we watched fights (both of us being big fans) and had a great time. Even with his declining health he was always in good spirits. Always hilarious and always thinking of his family. We spoke a lot about our families and where we were going. My wife and I have a 6 year old, his wife and he have 4 grown kids & 3 grand-kids.

I'm not a religious person, but Fr3ak was. If religion is part of your life, I know he'd appreciate a prayer. If it's not, do what feels right for you to pay your respects. On Sunday I'll be going back to Ohio to see his family and friends as we remember him. I think he would want all of us to take care of those we love and make the memories that matter.

L3nnY
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://forums.acidrainclan.com
{AR}2M!nutesHate
Acid Rain Clan Leader
Acid Rain Clan Leader

Number of posts : 773
Registration date : 2008-07-08

PostSubject: Re: Fr3ak   Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:48 am

Been awhile since I've been on. Very sad to read this for both you and Fr3ak. Glad you are better and wish you well Lenny.

Fr3ak, wherever you are, I wish you well too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PtitGhost

Number of posts : 176
Registration date : 2008-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Fr3ak   Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:34 pm

I wish you all the best for the future Lenny.

My sincere condolences to you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fr3ak   

Back to top Go down

Fr3ak
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Acid Rain Clan :: General :: General-
Jump to: