Acid Rain Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

the new Wolfenstein

Go down 
+9
{AR}2M!nutesHate
{AR}ARNOLD
Miko
boogie
{AR}GoldF!nger
bilbo
Major Zeman
EV3RY
Kraellin
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Kraellin
Acid Rain Clan Member
Acid Rain Clan Member

Number of posts : 158
Registration date : 2008-07-30

the new Wolfenstein Empty
PostSubject: the new Wolfenstein   the new Wolfenstein EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 8:56 am

the new game is out. i've got it. i've installed it. i've played it.

the first thing i noticed when putting the game on my older computer is, the graphics power required for this new game is pretty intense. my old computer is only a single core, roughly 3 ghz machine with 256 megs of vid ram and 2 gigs of system ram. i had to turn the details and resolution WAY down to run this thing and even then i could see and feel the lag a bit. the graphics are very good. the sound is very good. the game play is, well, pretty good. it reminded me quite a bit of the old Wolfenstein or maybe Doom 3. there is a lot of occult in this one. this is all about the nazi research into the arcane and occult and goes a bit crazy from there.

when i put this game on my new machine, a quad core i7 with almost 1 gig of vid ram and 6 gigs of system ram, it ran smooth as silk! so, all you guys wih single core machines still, good luck. it shld work on them, but it's just not going to be the same thing as putting it on something faster.

the game is both single player and multi. i played the multi also, but i only played it on my old rig so far. you can tell it's somewhat modeled after wolf et, but there are changes. you can play engineer, medic or soldier... that's all. you dont gain experience now and go up levels. you gain money and buy upgrades. at least, that's all i've seen in the way of improving yourself so far. engineer things one can build are all marked with little engineer icons that you can see through walls, so they're very easy to find on whatever map you're playing. death and 'unconsciousness' still work the same way as in ET. you buy your upgrades between maps. the maps mostly seemed a bit 'dark' to me and were reminiscent of that ET mod where the guys made higher res maps and more contemporary maps. sorry, i've forgotten the name of that mod.

game play in multi is pretty intense and fast. there are no 'rubber bullets', meaning, it doesnt take six shots to kill you, so watch out; you can die very quickly! medics do have needles to rez you, so that's still the same. i didnt play a lot yet in multi, but there seem to be a decent amount of standard maps. i've no idea if there will be an editor for making your own or not.

the detail in the game, single and multi, is really quite incredible. it's not nearly as cartoony looking as the old et. trash is on the ground and there's lots of things just laying around for mood and ambience. lots of things can be smashed and blown up. look in crates and boxes by smashing them and sometimes find ammo or other items. the AI bots are pretty aggressive and whereas they're still not as smart as one could hope for, i really didnt have too much complaint with it.

the whole occult thing is going to make it or break it for most folks, i'm going to guess. you find out about 'the veil' pretty quickly in the game. 'the veil' is a sort of 'the matrix' type experience that gives you extra abilities if you have the right items to use it and mainpulate it. or maybe it's a bit more like 'the force' from star wars. either way, i suspect some will find it completely hokey and not like the game for it, and others will eat it up, but i think that's what's going to make or break the game. in multi, you dont see very much of the occult stuff, so for those that dont care for the occult influence in the game, go to multi and just shoot your friends Wink

overall, i'm enjoying the game. i played it for several hours on my new machine last night. it's got a fair amount of good game play and i havent found too many just completely illogical things to drive me away. the game seems stable on both my machines. it runs on xp and vista and maybe even older rigs. not sure. it was a fairly long install, but i had no problems with it for the most part. on my new machine, a vista machine, it did come up missing one file, a directx file. i simply went back to the installer and installed directx as an update and the game ran fine then. i didnt even have to run in 'compatibility mode'.

and one last note, ID software and this game are still using punkbuster, so be aware of that. and, you will get a product key along with the game, but you only need to enter it for the multiplayer side of things. i found it a bit odd that they didnt require the product key for single player, but oh well.

anyways, if i find out anything else of interest on the game, i'll let you all know.
Back to top Go down
EV3RY
Acid Rain Clan Member
Acid Rain Clan Member
EV3RY

Number of posts : 502
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: the new Wolfenstein   the new Wolfenstein EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 9:51 am

Very nice review. I am looking to buy this very soon so maybe we can hook up online then.
Back to top Go down
Major Zeman
Acid Rain Clan Leader
Acid Rain Clan Leader
Major Zeman

Number of posts : 1421
Registration date : 2008-07-26

PostSubject: Re: the new Wolfenstein   the new Wolfenstein EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 4:51 am

Kraellin wrote:
i found it a bit odd that they didnt require the product key for single player, but oh well.

That's probably simply because there's no reliable way to check it offline, while for multi you just have to go online Smile

Thanks for the review nevertheless...too bad my computer can't even handle ET well lol
Back to top Go down
bilbo
Acid Rain Clan Member
Acid Rain Clan Member
bilbo

Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2008-07-29

PostSubject: Re: the new Wolfenstein   the new Wolfenstein EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 5:37 pm

This is same for ET Quake Wars - if you create profile for LAN play, tha game does not ask you for any CD key.Creating online accound needs a CD key, but once you enter CD key, you will then use username+password to access the account, so if you want to install ETQW on another computer, you just need to remember the username + password and use it Smile

I guess if they would enforce the cdkey in singleplayer too, it would get bypassed by some crack in no time, so they used it only in MP, where the cdkey protection is quite effective.
Back to top Go down
http://en.petricek.net
{AR}GoldF!nger
Acid Rain Clan Member
Acid Rain Clan Member
{AR}GoldF!nger

Number of posts : 797
Registration date : 2008-07-10

PostSubject: Re: the new Wolfenstein   the new Wolfenstein EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 1:33 am

saw the game on x-box, looks nice to me...hope my old comp will play it well! have bought it just a few min ago at the *schluchtekacker*Austria, because u get uncut game there with original signs...hehe and blooooooooooood! im a murder killer maniac, our gouverment says..gheheheeh
Back to top Go down
boogie

Number of posts : 400
Registration date : 2008-07-04

PostSubject: Re: the new Wolfenstein   the new Wolfenstein EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 10:10 am

and how many bucks?

online 54.99 euro (germany)... what price Mad
Back to top Go down
{AR}GoldF!nger
Acid Rain Clan Member
Acid Rain Clan Member
{AR}GoldF!nger

PostSubject: Re: the new Wolfenstein   the new Wolfenstein EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 1:31 pm

yes horrible, in austri the same +24-48h delivery 8 bucks extra
Back to top Go down
Miko
Acid Rain Clan Member
Acid Rain Clan Member
Miko

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2008-09-04

PostSubject: Re: the new Wolfenstein   the new Wolfenstein EmptyTue Aug 25, 2009 3:17 am

NEED TO BUY IT!!!
Back to top Go down
{AR}ARNOLD
Acid Rain Clan Member
Acid Rain Clan Member

Number of posts : 307
Registration date : 2008-07-06

PostSubject: Re: the new Wolfenstein   the new Wolfenstein EmptyTue Aug 25, 2009 6:18 am

37 euros cheapes i found in here

1 euro 1.433 usd
Back to top Go down
{AR}GoldF!nger
Acid Rain Clan Member
Acid Rain Clan Member
{AR}GoldF!nger

PostSubject: Re: the new Wolfenstein   the new Wolfenstein EmptyTue Aug 25, 2009 10:19 am

the game looks nice, for me a bit too much*luke skywalker style* and dont like the kind of movement and aiming(its not so directly like in ET) every 2min u have to make time slower or some other thing! sure u can try it without force when u fight normal troops but even on lvl 2 its hard with no gunupdates / when u want to fight normal, be sure there is no paratrooper near the soldiers, if is..so the force again and again and again
Back to top Go down
bilbo
Acid Rain Clan Member
Acid Rain Clan Member
bilbo

Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2008-07-29

PostSubject: Re: the new Wolfenstein   the new Wolfenstein EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 10:55 am

~ 33 EUR price in Czech republic.

Well, from the not so positive comments on the game I see everywhere, I think the price will drop quickly ... though there is question if it will then be still worth buying and playing...
Back to top Go down
http://en.petricek.net
{AR}2M!nutesHate
Acid Rain Clan Leader
Acid Rain Clan Leader
{AR}2M!nutesHate

Number of posts : 774
Registration date : 2008-07-08

PostSubject: Re: the new Wolfenstein   the new Wolfenstein EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 5:26 am

Goldie, I think you are using the force as a crutch. Perhaps your skills are weakening now..... What a Face
Back to top Go down
{AR}GoldF!nger
Acid Rain Clan Member
Acid Rain Clan Member
{AR}GoldF!nger

PostSubject: Re: the new Wolfenstein   the new Wolfenstein EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 10:38 am

well 2min, im not like u in the first 5 min of the beginning of the game, ghehehe! want to c u fighting the specials and the soldiers with shield...without ur force..hehe! and the most boss enemys u cant fight without force or with ur normal weapons.. :-P
Back to top Go down
EV3RY
Acid Rain Clan Member
Acid Rain Clan Member
EV3RY

PostSubject: Re: the new Wolfenstein   the new Wolfenstein EmptyFri Aug 28, 2009 2:05 am

Installed it last night and played it for an hour or so. First impressions are very good, graphics are sublime and the gameplay, although different from original, is still excellent. I was not expecting it to be a carbon copy of the old RTCW so I guess thats why I really like it. The supernatural element of the gameplay brings a freshness to what was already a great game.

Runs superbly on my Vista 64 bit machine, will post some screenies soon.
Back to top Go down
{AR}2M!nutesHate
Acid Rain Clan Leader
Acid Rain Clan Leader
{AR}2M!nutesHate

Number of posts : 774
Registration date : 2008-07-08

PostSubject: Re: the new Wolfenstein   the new Wolfenstein EmptyFri Aug 28, 2009 5:48 am

Did you play the Multiplayer yet Every?
Back to top Go down
EV3RY
Acid Rain Clan Member
Acid Rain Clan Member
EV3RY

PostSubject: Re: the new Wolfenstein   the new Wolfenstein EmptyFri Aug 28, 2009 7:27 am

Not tried that yet, once i have completed the sp then i will give it a try.
Back to top Go down
{AR}GoldF!nger
Acid Rain Clan Member
Acid Rain Clan Member
{AR}GoldF!nger

PostSubject: Re: the new Wolfenstein   the new Wolfenstein EmptyFri Aug 28, 2009 8:34 am

dont forget to patch it..first patches are out
Back to top Go down
wilk101
Acid Rain Clan Member
Acid Rain Clan Member
wilk101

Number of posts : 591
Registration date : 2008-08-20

PostSubject: Re: the new Wolfenstein   the new Wolfenstein EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 8:02 am

Looks like a great game I'm looking to buy it myself soon.
Back to top Go down
nils
Acid Rain Clan Member
Acid Rain Clan Member

Number of posts : 183
Registration date : 2008-07-04

PostSubject: Re: the new Wolfenstein   the new Wolfenstein EmptyWed Sep 02, 2009 1:43 am

For patches/more info/competitive scene you should join www.crossfire.nu .
Back to top Go down
EV3RY
Acid Rain Clan Member
Acid Rain Clan Member
EV3RY

PostSubject: Re: the new Wolfenstein   the new Wolfenstein EmptyWed Sep 02, 2009 12:45 pm

Oh boy did I get pwned online!
Completely out classed every game I played but still enjoyed it. The online game play to me is a cross between Call of duty 2 and Counter suck source. The maps are over a little too quickly but are still fun all the same.
Back to top Go down
{AR}USAGirl
Acid Rain Clan Admin
Acid Rain Clan Admin

Number of posts : 179
Registration date : 2008-07-25

PostSubject: Re: the new Wolfenstein   the new Wolfenstein EmptyThu Sep 03, 2009 9:45 am

hm i was looking at the game in the store reading the details on the back..it seems like its good but i dont have money to buy it right now..trying to fix my comp and plus another baby on the way lol.
Back to top Go down
{AR}Warno
Acid Rain Clan Member
Acid Rain Clan Member

Number of posts : 1322

PostSubject: Re: the new Wolfenstein   the new Wolfenstein EmptySat Sep 05, 2009 6:48 am

wel i (of course legally Smile) downloaded the game installing now

give me more updates wether it is worth to buy it to play multiplayer
Back to top Go down
{AR}Warno
Acid Rain Clan Member
Acid Rain Clan Member

PostSubject: Re: the new Wolfenstein   the new Wolfenstein EmptySun Sep 06, 2009 5:22 am

the game better has a reazlly good multiplayer because i don't really like the single player
Back to top Go down
{AR}GoldF!nger
Acid Rain Clan Member
Acid Rain Clan Member
{AR}GoldF!nger

PostSubject: Re: the new Wolfenstein   the new Wolfenstein EmptySun Sep 06, 2009 8:38 am

ok..then forget the multiplayer..ghehehe
Back to top Go down
{AR}Warno
Acid Rain Clan Member
Acid Rain Clan Member

PostSubject: Re: the new Wolfenstein   the new Wolfenstein EmptySun Sep 06, 2009 11:37 am

Very Happy oke thanks for the tip goldy
Back to top Go down
Kraellin
Acid Rain Clan Member
Acid Rain Clan Member

Number of posts : 158
Registration date : 2008-07-30

PostSubject: Re: the new Wolfenstein   the new Wolfenstein EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 2:50 pm

well, i finished the single player a couple weeks ago. when you finish it it unlocks the cheats. you can then play it again using all cheats. lol. it's quite funny starting over with the cheats, having all weapons and all of the powers at full. they never stood a chance! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: the new Wolfenstein   the new Wolfenstein Empty

Back to top Go down

the new Wolfenstein
Page 1 of 1