Acid Rain Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Operation flashpoint, Dragon rising

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
EV3RY
Acid Rain Clan Member
Acid Rain Clan Member
EV3RY

Number of posts : 502
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Operation flashpoint, Dragon rising Empty
PostSubject: Operation flashpoint, Dragon rising   Operation flashpoint, Dragon rising EmptySun Oct 11, 2009 12:18 am

Just bought this and it is very good. It's the thinking mans fps wargame.

Have a look at this "Look and feel" trailer for it. I have an average rig and can play this game with all settings on high and it really does look as good as in the clip!

Quote :
Taking gamers even further behind the scenes of Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising, the latest in our series of developer insight videos is locked, loaded and ready to go.

In the "Look & Feel" video, key development team members discuss just how far they've gone to ensure that Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising will take players as close to war as they'll ever want. Check out some quotes taken from the video, to get a taste of what the video is all about:

"When we were doing the motion capture for Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising, we went to incredible lengths to get the real guns" explains Executive Producer Sion Lenton. "This is because the weight of the guns can actually affect the way the animation looks."

"Every vehicle in Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising has its own characteristics: look, handling, turnout, weaponry and so on," Lenton continues. "Everything from the smallest jeep to the largest chopper has a completely different handling experience."

"The damage in Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising is pretty gruesome," says Mike Smith, Art Lead "It's pretty much realistic - if you get hit by a large round, you're very likely to have serious trauma to your body. We represent damage with several different visual stages. For example, you've got blood that seeps through clothes and then you've got catastrophic damage, which is actually losing your limbs or having your head blown off."

Last edited by EV3RY on Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
{AR}Warno
Acid Rain Clan Member
Acid Rain Clan Member

Number of posts : 1322
Registration date : 2008-07-06

PostSubject: Re: Operation flashpoint, Dragon rising   Operation flashpoint, Dragon rising EmptySun Oct 11, 2009 3:16 am

looks a bit like arma

and that really wasn't as fun as i tought it would be
Back to top Go down
Major Zeman
Acid Rain Clan Leader
Acid Rain Clan Leader
Major Zeman

Number of posts : 1421
Registration date : 2008-07-26

PostSubject: Re: Operation flashpoint, Dragon rising   Operation flashpoint, Dragon rising EmptySun Oct 11, 2009 10:10 am

I know the first Operation Flashpoint. It was a game that required a lot of strategy and planning for a FPS.

Still kind of proud of that Czech-made game that as I heard was even used by part of U.S. army for teaching field strategy.
Back to top Go down
{AR}ARNOLD
Acid Rain Clan Member
Acid Rain Clan Member

Number of posts : 307

PostSubject: Re: Operation flashpoint, Dragon rising   Operation flashpoint, Dragon rising EmptyMon Oct 12, 2009 8:25 am

opf was the ultimate sniper fun =)

shoot the bad guys

run like mad man tanks after you lol
Back to top Go down
{AR}2M!nutesHate
Acid Rain Clan Leader
Acid Rain Clan Leader
{AR}2M!nutesHate

Number of posts : 774
Registration date : 2008-07-08

PostSubject: Re: Operation flashpoint, Dragon rising   Operation flashpoint, Dragon rising EmptyFri Oct 16, 2009 7:46 pm

Looks like a good game Every. Maybe I'll pick it up and join you in some fun. I'm still waiting for L4D2. I know I'll see ya there!
Back to top Go down
EV3RY
Acid Rain Clan Member
Acid Rain Clan Member
EV3RY

PostSubject: Re: Operation flashpoint, Dragon rising   Operation flashpoint, Dragon rising EmptySat Oct 17, 2009 6:22 am

This game is very good but does have a steep learning curve. Like MZ said it takes strategy, team work and planning to accomplish the missions. Definately not a game for your "Rambo" types as you do actually need your team to help you.
I will prolly wait til price comes down on L4D2 before i get a copy, just shelled out a load of cash upgrading my tv and decorating the house.
Back to top Go down
{AR}2M!nutesHate
Acid Rain Clan Leader
Acid Rain Clan Leader
{AR}2M!nutesHate

Number of posts : 774
Registration date : 2008-07-08

PostSubject: Re: Operation flashpoint, Dragon rising   Operation flashpoint, Dragon rising EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 9:02 am

EV3RY wrote:
This game is very good but does have a steep learning curve. Like MZ said it takes strategy, team work and planning to accomplish the missions. Definately not a game for your "Rambo" types as you do actually need your team to help you.
I will prolly wait til price comes down on L4D2 before i get a copy, just shelled out a load of cash upgrading my tv and decorating the house.

I KNOW you're not talking about me being one of those "Rambo" types! Suspect I think I've picked your ass off the ground many of times in ET. Razz
Back to top Go down
EV3RY
Acid Rain Clan Member
Acid Rain Clan Member
EV3RY

PostSubject: Re: Operation flashpoint, Dragon rising   Operation flashpoint, Dragon rising EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 11:19 am

Too many to mention Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
{AR}Warno
Acid Rain Clan Member
Acid Rain Clan Member

Number of posts : 1322

PostSubject: Re: Operation flashpoint, Dragon rising   Operation flashpoint, Dragon rising EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 12:51 am

playing Lotr total war now

no rambo's there

except maybe some trolls wanderin around
Back to top Go down
EV3RY
Acid Rain Clan Member
Acid Rain Clan Member
EV3RY

PostSubject: Re: Operation flashpoint, Dragon rising   Operation flashpoint, Dragon rising EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 1:39 pm

MP coop is great. Massive levels and AI is good with the enemy bots. Tough as hell but very enjoyable.

L4D2 is on the back burner for the time being I think Wink

Operation flashpoint, Dragon rising 15e6b4-4
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Operation flashpoint, Dragon rising   Operation flashpoint, Dragon rising Empty

Back to top Go down

Operation flashpoint, Dragon rising
Page 1 of 1