Acid Rain Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Will be missing for a while...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
T2
Acid Rain Clan Member
Acid Rain Clan Member
T2

Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2008-07-03

Will be missing for a while... Empty
PostSubject: Will be missing for a while...   Will be missing for a while... EmptySun Aug 03, 2008 5:43 am

Nothing out of the ordinary happened last night when I turned off my computer but today it won't start. If I'm lucky scandisk will run but then it starts saying "File record segment #### is unreadable" and apparently some searching on the internet leads me to believe that my HD has died and I don't have a good chance of getting anything off it. Only yesterday I was thikning it was a good idea to invest in a external HD lol.

Well long story short, I'm currently unemployed and I needed to buy a new laptop and now it seems a need a new desktop as well so it should be fun with no income. So I won't be wasting countless hours of my time sitting in front of my computer and I'll be cutting back my visits to once a day if I'm lucky. Hopefully I'll be back wasting my life ingame and on the fourms soon.

Do you think I can get a dicount if I buy a desktop computer, a laptop and external hard drive all at the same time? Laughing
Back to top Go down
{AR}SaKre
Acid Rain Clan Member
Acid Rain Clan Member
{AR}SaKre

Number of posts : 678
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Will be missing for a while...   Will be missing for a while... EmptySun Aug 03, 2008 6:26 am

Aww that sucks!!
Well you start by purchaseing one of these items at a time:), but all three together should be possible with a discount..weally cheep labtob I haw fur u..dont trust a too big of a discount.
Back to top Go down
EV3RY
Acid Rain Clan Member
Acid Rain Clan Member
EV3RY

Number of posts : 502
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Will be missing for a while...   Will be missing for a while... EmptySun Aug 03, 2008 9:54 am

All donations to.....

T2, No special rank assigned, 19 upside down land, Awestralia.

If you got a paypal account maybe we could have a whip round.

Now where's Tok'ra when you want some cheap kit?
Back to top Go down
Major Zeman
Acid Rain Clan Leader
Acid Rain Clan Leader
Major Zeman

Number of posts : 1421
Registration date : 2008-07-26

PostSubject: Re: Will be missing for a while...   Will be missing for a while... EmptySun Aug 03, 2008 6:36 pm

Cheapest things first.

If you can't get it running, I'd first try reformatting the harddrive and reinstalling Windows on it (unless you have some very important data on it and want to invest into getting it saved).
I've had a disk crash on me like this and it was probably just the file table (the thing that remembers where files on your disk are) messed up. Also you might want to bring your harddrive to some friend and try if you can get anything out of it in the usual way - just connect it to another computer as a second hdd.

If format&reinstall doesn't do the job and you're reasonably sure it's the hdd, why dump the whole computer? Just replace the harddrive, they're incredibly cheap these days.
Back to top Go down
T2
Acid Rain Clan Member
Acid Rain Clan Member
T2

Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2008-07-03

PostSubject: Re: Will be missing for a while...   Will be missing for a while... EmptySun Aug 03, 2008 10:27 pm

Well apart from the possibility of losing a few things from my HD I was kinda excited at the idea of getting a new computer. I think mine is about 5 years old. It's harddrive was only 80GB and only had 512MB of RAM lol. Not the best thing on the market. It did the job but now I want an upgrade. I want one that can actually handle having games installed.
Back to top Go down
{AR}GoldF!nger
Acid Rain Clan Member
Acid Rain Clan Member
{AR}GoldF!nger

Number of posts : 797
Registration date : 2008-07-10

PostSubject: Re: Will be missing for a while...   Will be missing for a while... EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 8:30 am

so ur long long away..where are u? mission new comp failed?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Will be missing for a while...   Will be missing for a while... Empty

Back to top Go down

Will be missing for a while...
Page 1 of 1