Acid Rain Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Death Magnetic

Go down 
+2
{AR}Schickles
Roman_Pope
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Roman_Pope

Roman_Pope

Number of posts : 265
Registration date : 2008-08-20

Death Magnetic Empty
PostSubject: Death Magnetic   Death Magnetic EmptyMon Aug 25, 2008 8:36 am

Uhm... I just heard a new song, The Day That Never Comes, by Metallica. I don't know, maybe I should give them another chance... but this time it will be their last! What do you say leafy?
Back to top Go down
{AR}Schickles

{AR}Schickles

Number of posts : 391
Registration date : 2008-07-03

Death Magnetic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Death Magnetic   Death Magnetic EmptyMon Aug 25, 2008 9:08 am

i say hell yeah go Mettallica (lol_
Back to top Go down
Goliath

Goliath

Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Death Magnetic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Death Magnetic   Death Magnetic EmptyTue Aug 26, 2008 12:30 pm

I didn't think the song St.Anger was that bad, drums were heavier than I would like but it wasn't bad, anyways on topic, The Day that never comes is ok, not the same ol'heavy metallica that made the amazing Master of Puppets or And Justice for All, know what I mean?
Back to top Go down
Muddy
Acid Rain Clan Leader
Acid Rain Clan Leader
Muddy

Number of posts : 382
Registration date : 2008-07-03

Death Magnetic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Death Magnetic   Death Magnetic EmptyFri Sep 12, 2008 11:58 am

metallica are hasbeens
Back to top Go down
{AR}2M!nutesHate
Acid Rain Clan Leader
Acid Rain Clan Leader
{AR}2M!nutesHate

Number of posts : 774
Registration date : 2008-07-08

Death Magnetic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Death Magnetic   Death Magnetic EmptyFri Sep 12, 2008 7:47 pm

I'm about ready to listen to the album for the first time so don't pee in my cherrios muddy... Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
{AR}2M!nutesHate
Acid Rain Clan Leader
Acid Rain Clan Leader
{AR}2M!nutesHate

Number of posts : 774
Registration date : 2008-07-08

Death Magnetic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Death Magnetic   Death Magnetic EmptyFri Sep 12, 2008 8:48 pm

badass album....... cheers

Haven't listened to the last song yet but I love the instrumental "Suicide and Redemption" and also the Unforgiven III is really good too......so much better than St. Anger.

Thank you Metallica. We'll see you in Denver, Colorado on the 4th of November! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Roman_Pope

Roman_Pope

Death Magnetic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Death Magnetic   Death Magnetic EmptySat Sep 13, 2008 8:45 am

Hm... maybe I should give it a try...
Back to top Go down
Leafs420

Leafs420

Number of posts : 223
Registration date : 2008-07-10

Death Magnetic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Death Magnetic   Death Magnetic EmptySun Sep 14, 2008 9:25 am

After hearing the entire album several times now,it has grown on me,its a good step in the right direction for them,finally,,i have hope they can make the next album even better,has some good songs.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/wickedkick1
Roman_Pope

Roman_Pope

Death Magnetic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Death Magnetic   Death Magnetic EmptySun Sep 14, 2008 1:29 pm

They do have some good songs indeed... not as bad as St.Anger (we have solos and drums are not as loud!), but I don't know... of course you cannot turn back time and go to the 80’s. Some parts feel like ...And Justice For All which is not bad. Unforgiven III is somewhat disappointing after II and especially I. The Day That Never Comes brings good memories and sounds. It is their best album since like forever! I just hear that Metallica signed a contract with Guitar Hero producers and that is what scares me. I guess we will have to wait and see...
Back to top Go down
Leafs420

Leafs420

Number of posts : 223
Registration date : 2008-07-10

Death Magnetic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Death Magnetic   Death Magnetic EmptySun Sep 14, 2008 4:37 pm

Ya i hear some old metallica in the album too,still doesnt come close to the new Slipknot though Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/wickedkick1
Roman_Pope

Roman_Pope

Death Magnetic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Death Magnetic   Death Magnetic EmptySun Sep 14, 2008 5:15 pm

Ladies and gents *drum roll*
The 9th/10th (I am sure the radical/true fans will argue over it) studio album by Metallica is finally out! Arguably, the best album since ...And Justice for All (1988). Ok, to tell you the truth, I liked The Black Album, so best album since 1991! Screw the naysayers and their: "I've been there during the 80's!"
I was very skeptical at first, but I must admit: they do have few good tracks. I listen to the to the leaked version and then the official retail version (no big difference, same cut). The songs have better structure and just sound better if you compare it to St.Anger (least successful album by the band). For starters, we have guitar solos again! BUT! Let's not get too excited! Lyrics aren't exactly the best and Hetfield's voice is not what it used to be. I cannot comment on their future just yet; we will have to wait and listen to their next album due in 2010-2011. I definitely say "Da!" for more!

The ten track album counts 75 minutes, with ALL the songs breaking five minutes.

That Was Just Your Life:
Slow starting song with heartbeats. Is it love or simple agony of Metallica? The beginning suggest the Welcome Home (Sanitarium) style; maybe because I just have been reading One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest at that moment. Some parts remind me of ...And Justice for All , but, in general, it doesn't flow. It needs more melody. The pleasant aspect of the song: two solos! Drums and cymbals are a bit loud, but right away, we can feel Kirk Hammett’s (lead guitarist and song writer) ass kicking! Not the classical Metallica that used to be, but we can't say that they are "has-been" group. Not a bad way to start.

The End Of The Line:
The first half of the track is better than the second and drags on much longer than needed. The shouted lyrics are mediocre (should be rewritten) and badly sung, but Kirk Hammett is finally awake! It is as if he is soloing for his life! He is a spring that was compressed too much! The "solo bridge" is awesome! Metallica just refuses to die!

Broken, Beat & Scarred:
This song is to bang your head, pure and simple. Repetitive, predictable... it is not a bad thing, but I guess that this will be the "nu-Metallica" feel. We cannot turn back the time.

The Day that Never Comes:
The first time I heard the song - I missed half of it. GF's calls or the boss' screams... radio, what can I say? The song grows on you. You have to give it a chance. Some parts are somewhat incoherent, but listen to it all the way through; an appreciation will build-up. Sometimes the drums are interfering with the solo... not a bad song overall.

All Nightmare Long:
Well... not as bad as the title suggests. I will dare to say that this is the kick ass "tune" Metallica is missing lately... I definitely love the song. The guitar is strong, and the chaotic soloing fits in perfectly! The only problem: it is still Justice/Black. Nothing new... I wonder if they have some inspiration left in them?

Cyanide:
Not a very good representation of Death Magnetic in my opinion. Those drums are rising up again... essentially it is St. Anger all over again with better riffs. Unfortunately it gets stuck in your head and actually sounds better then it is.

The Unforgiven III:
Unforgiven I - amazing! Unforgiven II - shit happens. Unforgiven III - unfortunately for Metallica, third time is not a charm. Very lovable intro with simple piano refrain and elegant backing strings! Now, let's destroy the harmony and slam some heavy no-where bass without transition. The lyrics are embarrassingly personal and are getting quite annoying. I just hope Metallica will never do the Unforgiven IV, V... the solo is one of the better ones on the album though.

The Judas Kiss:
Meh... I will probably repeat myself again, and again, and again, so I'll limit it to: nothing new.

Suicide & Redemption:
Notice how they use "&" instead of a simple "and". Is Metallica trying to tell us something? Must be something special... remember Orion and To Live Is To Die? Indeed! It is not their first instrumental song, but the first since Justice. I must tell you that it has a lot riding in it! Ride the lightening, hell ya! Again, not the old school, not as strong as Orion (what is these days?), but not bad at all! Me like!

My Apocalypse:
I'll spare you the pain: just skip the first two minutes... and then the next two. It is a step up from after the last albums, but it's not great. Sounds like Slayer too much... and you guessed it - I don't like Slayer. I want Metallica. What part of M-E-T-A-L-L-I-C-A don't you understand?

It is their best album since like forever! A good step in the right direction for them. Finally! On the other hand, sometimes it seems like all of the success is due to publicity and the amount of work put in the album by Warner Bros Records. They are trying to bring back the old style and sounds, but it feels like this is an attempt for a greatest hits album. They don't progress like some bands (eg: Iron Maiden or Judas Priest; ever freeking Santana), they are just colleting riffs... notice, I wrote "work" and not "heart". I'd rather think that it was a simple tribute to Justice/Black, but I heard that the entire Death Magnetic album would be made playable in the game: Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock. Is the whole album simply publicity stunt for the game? Well, I got my excuse not to buy the album...

PS Very sorry for the grammar issues...
PSS Meh... Slipknot... never liked them... maybe I should try again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Death Magnetic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Death Magnetic   Death Magnetic Empty

Back to top Go down

Death Magnetic
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Acid Rain Clan :: Off Topic :: Off Topic-
Jump to: