Acid Rain Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Weird news: Case dismissed, cause God has no address

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Triassic
Acid Rain Clan Member
Acid Rain Clan Member
Triassic

Number of posts : 732
Registration date : 2008-11-15

Weird news: Case dismissed, cause God has no address Empty
PostSubject: Weird news: Case dismissed, cause God has no address   Weird news: Case dismissed, cause God has no address EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 4:03 pm

Legal case against God dismissed

A US judge has thrown out a case against God, ruling that because the defendant has no address, legal papers cannot be served.

The suit was launched by Nebraska state senator Ernie Chambers, who said he might appeal against the ruling.

He sought a permanent injunction to prevent the "death, destruction and terrorisation" caused by God.

Judge Marlon Polk said in his ruling that a plaintiff must have access to the defendant for a case to proceed.

"Given that this court finds that there can never be service effectuated on the named defendant this action will be dismissed with prejudice," Judge Polk wrote in his ruling.

Mr Chambers cannot refile the suit but may appeal.

'God knows everything'

Mr Chambers sued God last year. He said God had threatened him and the people of Nebraska and had inflicted "widespread death, destruction and terrorisation of millions upon millions of the Earth's inhabitants".

He said he would carefully consider Judge Polk's ruling before deciding whether to appeal.

The court, Mr Chambers said, had acknowledged the existence of God and "a consequence of that acknowledgement is a recognition of God's omniscience".

"Since God knows everything," he reasoned, "God has notice of this lawsuit."

Mr Chambers, a state senator for 38 years, said he filed the suit to make the point that "anyone can sue anyone else, even God".

Last edited by Triassic on Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Triassic
Acid Rain Clan Member
Acid Rain Clan Member
Triassic

PostSubject: Re: Weird news: Case dismissed, cause God has no address   Weird news: Case dismissed, cause God has no address EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 4:03 pm

Lawstudent or not these things NEVER get old! lol!
Back to top Go down
{AR}Warno
Acid Rain Clan Member
Acid Rain Clan Member

Number of posts : 1322
Registration date : 2008-07-06

PostSubject: Re: Weird news: Case dismissed, cause God has no address   Weird news: Case dismissed, cause God has no address EmptySat Jan 17, 2009 9:48 am

thats just a trick to remain popular
Back to top Go down
Triassic
Acid Rain Clan Member
Acid Rain Clan Member
Triassic

PostSubject: Re: Weird news: Case dismissed, cause God has no address   Weird news: Case dismissed, cause God has no address EmptySat Jan 17, 2009 11:15 am

Ehm, and who's gaining from this according to you eh?

Thats just how the system works...Nothing to remain populair about it. The law is the law.
Back to top Go down
{AR}Warno
Acid Rain Clan Member
Acid Rain Clan Member

PostSubject: Re: Weird news: Case dismissed, cause God has no address   Weird news: Case dismissed, cause God has no address EmptySun Jan 18, 2009 5:27 am

mm how shall i put this

who would waste their time to start a case against god because he wants to make a statement (btw making a statement is also a way to make yourself more popular)

there are people who think, mm who shall i support now???

the guy that has put up a case against god or all the other guys i never heard off him my entire life???

i cannot completely explain my point on this because facial expression is very important in this explanation

if someone would say this man did this because the law is the law i would probably go something like this Shocked
Back to top Go down
Triassic
Acid Rain Clan Member
Acid Rain Clan Member
Triassic

PostSubject: Re: Weird news: Case dismissed, cause God has no address   Weird news: Case dismissed, cause God has no address EmptySun Jan 18, 2009 6:34 am

Ok, thats something different. If the man is trying to become popular by sueing God, that I get.

The judge throwing it out cause God has no address not however. Thats what I ment with the law is the law
Back to top Go down
{AR}Warno
Acid Rain Clan Member
Acid Rain Clan Member

PostSubject: Re: Weird news: Case dismissed, cause God has no address   Weird news: Case dismissed, cause God has no address EmptySun Jan 18, 2009 6:48 am

oh oke

sorry for this misunderstanding :-)

thats of course normal

i would go mad if i were that judge, i would put the guy in a mental hospital
Back to top Go down
Triassic
Acid Rain Clan Member
Acid Rain Clan Member
Triassic

PostSubject: Re: Weird news: Case dismissed, cause God has no address   Weird news: Case dismissed, cause God has no address EmptySun Jan 18, 2009 8:14 am

Haha no big!

Yeah, i would do exactly the same thing.

But then again its perfectly legal to sue anyone you want if you have a reason. The trick is to get it to stick. But on the other hand, if the guy was smart enough he would have sued the church...techniquely they would have to represent God and actually bring in some solid evidence that it isnt Gods hand. If the church has a good lawyer, they would easily redirect the whole thing to humanity. But it would make one funny lawsuit though Razz

Did you know people actually sue God on a regular basis? Guess people dont have alot to do these days...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Weird news: Case dismissed, cause God has no address   Weird news: Case dismissed, cause God has no address Empty

Back to top Go down

Weird news: Case dismissed, cause God has no address
Page 1 of 1