Acid Rain Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

If your Comp is laggy...

Go down 
+3
Ninjadeer
Theimon
{AR}Schickles
7 posters
AuthorMessage
{AR}Schickles

{AR}Schickles

Number of posts : 391
Registration date : 2008-07-03

If your Comp is laggy... Empty
PostSubject: If your Comp is laggy...   If your Comp is laggy... EmptyMon Aug 04, 2008 6:05 pm

I found this works with my computer which cant run more then 3 programs or else it will crash. (dam you dell!) lol...this works with most games.

firstly, if your comp lags it would have a problem starting games easily and in Et's case the beginning video would be fairly choppy and your starting menu will lag.....

The Easiest fix , i found, to to go to your Task Manager (Windows)

then click on the tab called Processes...

(now due to my lack of knowledge about most of the processes)
I hit Username so that it re organizes it by Username....

You want to end Processes started ONLY by you, so if your username is Admin then only end procesess with the username ADMIN

Processes to Avoid: Anything you dont recongize as a program you use... Its probably hidden and you dont want to end it.

Explorer.exe DONT END THIS! it will take away any possible use of your cmputer you'll basically only see ur wallpaper ( a funny prank when a friend leaves his computer unattended) a Simply Reboot should fix this but tha may vary with different computers and Operating systems (i dunno....)

This is fairly risky and i avoid it inless my computer is VERY laggy but i usally try shutting it down before i use this method.

if any Computer Masters wish to add to this info please, do so...
Back to top Go down
Theimon
Acid Rain Clan Member
Acid Rain Clan Member
Theimon

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2008-07-13

PostSubject: Re: If your Comp is laggy...   If your Comp is laggy... EmptyTue Aug 05, 2008 10:43 am

If you kill explorer.exe while having your taskmanager open, just go to the menu, select the option to start something (don't which one that is anymore, on Linux for ages here) and start explorer.exe Smile
Back to top Go down
Ninjadeer
Acid Rain Clan Member
Acid Rain Clan Member

Number of posts : 1422
Registration date : 2008-07-04

PostSubject: Re: If your Comp is laggy...   If your Comp is laggy... EmptyTue Aug 05, 2008 2:29 pm

if you can only open 3 programs i suggest you buy a new comp..Razz
Back to top Go down
{AR}Warno
Acid Rain Clan Member
Acid Rain Clan Member

Number of posts : 1322
Registration date : 2008-07-06

PostSubject: Re: If your Comp is laggy...   If your Comp is laggy... EmptyTue Aug 05, 2008 2:51 pm

yes, there is no problem with closing explorer.exe

if i have a big game that doesnt run wel on my computer, i close explorer.exe before i start it so the game doesnt lag to much
Back to top Go down
{AR}Schickles

{AR}Schickles

Number of posts : 391

PostSubject: Re: If your Comp is laggy...   If your Comp is laggy... EmptyTue Aug 05, 2008 3:44 pm

old computer to cheap to get a new one ninja >_>

i dont like playing with those sorta things so i dont end it lol
Back to top Go down
gunny

gunny

Number of posts : 4

PostSubject: Re: If your Comp is laggy...   If your Comp is laggy... EmptyFri Aug 22, 2008 8:42 pm

put more memory and get a better video card like a XL1800 ATI
Back to top Go down
wilk101
Acid Rain Clan Member
Acid Rain Clan Member
wilk101

Number of posts : 591
Registration date : 2008-08-20

PostSubject: Re: If your Comp is laggy...   If your Comp is laggy... EmptyFri Aug 22, 2008 8:44 pm

gunny wrote:
put more memory and get a better video card like a XL1800 ATI

yeah thats a good idea an old video card can create a lot of lag...you can also have some1 else put it in if your not a computer wizard.
Back to top Go down
EV3RY
Acid Rain Clan Member
Acid Rain Clan Member
EV3RY

Number of posts : 502
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: If your Comp is laggy...   If your Comp is laggy... EmptySat Aug 23, 2008 5:16 am

For those that want to get the most out of whatever rig your running you can tweak the services by turning off all unnecessary programs therefore getting more from your CPU on the things you want running.
Click here for the complete run down on what to disable in win xp sp3

There are also tweaks for Vista on the site for anyone experiencing CPU lag due to Vista's drain on CPU resources.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If your Comp is laggy...   If your Comp is laggy... Empty

Back to top Go down

If your Comp is laggy...
Page 1 of 1