Acid Rain Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Time for a new Laptop

Go down 
+2
Ninjadeer
Roman_Pope
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Roman_Pope

Roman_Pope

Number of posts : 265
Registration date : 2008-08-20

Time for a new Laptop Empty
PostSubject: Time for a new Laptop   Time for a new Laptop EmptyThu Aug 28, 2008 12:09 pm

I am considering buying a new laptop. I was just wondering if you can evaluate the following configuration vs. price. Or maybe suggest a new one.
Toshiba Tecra® M10
The laptop configuration is:
Processor: Intel® Centrino2® Duo processor technology featuring Intel® Core™ 2 Duo Processor P8400 – 2.26GHz
Software: Windows® Vista Business, Windows® XP Professional Downgrade Media included - Canadian Bilingual – user has ONE TIME option to select English or French operating system
Memory: Standard Memory: 2GB DDR2 (1 x 2GB) (Maximum Memory: 4GB)
Hard disk: 160GB 5400RPM HDD S-ATA
Optical Drive: Built-in DVD Super-Multi Double Layer
Video: NVIDIA Quadro NVS 150 FX 256MB Graphics
Display: 14.1” WXGA+ TFT Active Matrix Colour LCD display
Wireless: 802.11agn Wireless, Bluetooth
Network/Modem: 10/100/1000 Integrated Ethernet LAN/ModemV.92 Data/56K Fax Modem
Pointing Device: Dual Pointing - Accupoint and Touchpad with Scroll function
Ports: RGB, USB2.0 x 3, 1 combo eSATA/USB2.0, RJ45 (LAN), Headphone, Microphone, RJ-11 (Modem), Serial, IEEE1394, Docking Connector
Plus: Intergrated Webcam, Fingerprint Reader (includes software for password and identity management), cable lock slot.
Warranty: Three (3) year parts and labour limited International Warranty
Cost: $999.00 CDN
Back to top Go down
Ninjadeer
Acid Rain Clan Member
Acid Rain Clan Member

Number of posts : 1422
Registration date : 2008-07-04

PostSubject: Re: Time for a new Laptop   Time for a new Laptop EmptyFri Oct 10, 2008 10:49 am

uhmm.. k
Back to top Go down
ranger1
Acid Rain Clan Member
Acid Rain Clan Member
ranger1

Number of posts : 340
Registration date : 2008-07-13

PostSubject: Re: Time for a new Laptop   Time for a new Laptop EmptyFri Oct 10, 2008 4:03 pm

i got basically the sams configuration my processor is a little slower and my display is a 15.4 widescreen and i dont have a fingerprint reader but i paid 829 all taxes included i dont know you may want to hunt arounf a little adn form my experiences tishiba laptops tend to be a little hard on battery use no so efficent compared to acer or even some of the newer hp laptops
Back to top Go down
Major Zeman
Acid Rain Clan Leader
Acid Rain Clan Leader
Major Zeman

Number of posts : 1421
Registration date : 2008-07-26

PostSubject: Re: Time for a new Laptop   Time for a new Laptop EmptySun Oct 12, 2008 12:18 pm

No expert here, but seems good for the price. If you go for Vista and plan some more consuming stuff (graphics/video) you probably will want 4GB RAM, but thats one thing that you can add later without troubles.

Whats the FSB and RAM speeds?
Back to top Go down
{AR}Falkoner
Acid Rain Clan Leader
Acid Rain Clan Leader
{AR}Falkoner

Number of posts : 366
Registration date : 2008-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Time for a new Laptop   Time for a new Laptop EmptySun Oct 12, 2008 5:35 pm

That would be good with the 3 year warranty in US dollars. (figure an added $100.00 per year for the warranty) Not sure what the exchange rate is right now. Toshiba has really turned themselves around after a couple of lousy years. I would consider a 15.4" display though. Memory you can add anytime and is cheap. MS 32 bit Windows can only read 3 GB at a time so don't bother with the 4 GB unless you go with a 64 bit OS.

Good luck
Back to top Go down
bilbo
Acid Rain Clan Member
Acid Rain Clan Member
bilbo

Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2008-07-29

PostSubject: Re: Time for a new Laptop   Time for a new Laptop EmptySun Oct 12, 2008 6:30 pm

15.4" display may be too big for a backpack ... I think the display size is rather matter of personal taste that matter of what is better or not. If you want to be mobil, get some 12", if you don't travel so much with your laptop (or you always travel by car or have plenty of space ...), get a 15,4"
Back to top Go down
http://en.petricek.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Time for a new Laptop   Time for a new Laptop Empty

Back to top Go down

Time for a new Laptop
Page 1 of 1