Acid Rain Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The 'Science' question about hell.

Go down 
+6
Roman_Pope
T2
ranger1
{AR}SaKre
Leafs420
EV3RY
10 posters
AuthorMessage
EV3RY
Acid Rain Clan Member
Acid Rain Clan Member
EV3RY

Number of posts : 502
Registration date : 2008-07-21

The 'Science' question about hell. Empty
PostSubject: The 'Science' question about hell.   The 'Science' question about hell. EmptyThu Sep 25, 2008 10:46 am

I was mailed this and thought I would share it with you, I think the student thoroughly deserved the A grade he received!

------------------------------

The following is an actual question given on a University of Liverpool chemistry final exam.

The answer by one student was so “profound” that the professor shared it with colleagues via the Internet, which is why we now have the pleasure of enjoying it as well.

Question: Is Hell exothermic (gives off heat) or endothermic (absorbs heat)?

Most of the students wrote proofs of their beliefs using Boyle’s Law that gas cools when it expands and heats when it is compressed or some variant.

One student, however, wrote the following:

First, we need to know how the mass of Hell is changing in time. So we need to know the rate at which souls are moving into Hell and the rate at which they are leaving. I think that we can safely assume that once a soul gets to Hell, it will not leave. Therefore, no souls are leaving. As for how many souls are entering Hell, let’s look at the different religions that exist in the world today. Most of these religions state that, if you are not a member of their religion, you will go to Hell.

Since there is more than one of these religions and since people do not belong to more than one religion, we can project that all souls go to Hell. With birth and death rates as they are, we can expect the number of souls in Hell to increase exponentially. Now, we look at the rate of change of the volume in Hell. Because Boyle’s Law states that in order for the temperature and pressure in Hell to stay constant, the volume of Hell must expand proportionately as souls are added.

This gives two possibilities:

1. If Hell is expanding at a slower rate than the rate at which souls enter Hell, then the temperature and pressure in Hell will increase until all Hell breaks loose.

2. If Hell is expanding at a rate faster than the increase of souls in Hell, then the temperature and pressure will drop until Hell freezes over.

So which is it?

If we accept the postulate given to me by Sandra during my freshman year, that “it will be a cold day in Hell before I sleep with you,” and take into account the fact that I slept with her last night, then number 2 must be true, and thus I am sure that Hell is endothermic and has already frozen over.

The corollary of this theory is that since Hell has frozen over, it follows that it is not accepting any more souls and is extinct…leaving only Heaven, thereby proving the existence of a divine being - which explains why, last night, Sandra kept shouting “Oh my God.”

THIS STUDENT RECEIVED THE ONLY “A”.
Back to top Go down
Leafs420

Leafs420

Number of posts : 223
Registration date : 2008-07-10

PostSubject: Re: The 'Science' question about hell.   The 'Science' question about hell. EmptyThu Sep 25, 2008 11:18 am

haha
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/wickedkick1
{AR}SaKre
Acid Rain Clan Member
Acid Rain Clan Member
{AR}SaKre

Number of posts : 678

PostSubject: Re: The 'Science' question about hell.   The 'Science' question about hell. EmptyThu Sep 25, 2008 2:51 pm

Marvelous, absolutly marvelous!!
Back to top Go down
ranger1
Acid Rain Clan Member
Acid Rain Clan Member
ranger1

Number of posts : 340
Registration date : 2008-07-13

PostSubject: Re: The 'Science' question about hell.   The 'Science' question about hell. EmptyThu Sep 25, 2008 7:00 pm

ok that has to be the best answer to that question i have ever seen LOL he tottally desevrved that A
Back to top Go down
T2
Acid Rain Clan Member
Acid Rain Clan Member
T2

Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2008-07-03

PostSubject: Re: The 'Science' question about hell.   The 'Science' question about hell. EmptyFri Sep 26, 2008 5:24 am

That guy is billiant!
Back to top Go down
Roman_Pope

Roman_Pope

Number of posts : 265
Registration date : 2008-08-20

PostSubject: Re: The 'Science' question about hell.   The 'Science' question about hell. EmptyFri Sep 26, 2008 6:47 am

I wonder what things that student said to Sandra to sleep with her...
Back to top Go down
{AR}Warno
Acid Rain Clan Member
Acid Rain Clan Member

Number of posts : 1322
Registration date : 2008-07-06

PostSubject: Re: The 'Science' question about hell.   The 'Science' question about hell. EmptyFri Sep 26, 2008 11:41 am

Very Happy i wish i got A's for that
Back to top Go down
{AR}Shadow
Acid Rain Clan Member
Acid Rain Clan Member
{AR}Shadow

Number of posts : 593
Registration date : 2008-07-18

PostSubject: Re: The 'Science' question about hell.   The 'Science' question about hell. EmptySat Sep 27, 2008 12:43 am

Haha, he definitely deserves an A for that. =P
-which explains why, last night, Sandra kept shouting "Oh my God."
Back to top Go down
http://vincester.hyves.nl
wilk101
Acid Rain Clan Member
Acid Rain Clan Member
wilk101

Number of posts : 591
Registration date : 2008-08-20

PostSubject: Re: The 'Science' question about hell.   The 'Science' question about hell. EmptySat Sep 27, 2008 8:15 am

definite A
Back to top Go down
{AR}slapbass
Acid Rain Clan Member
Acid Rain Clan Member
{AR}slapbass

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2008-10-07

PostSubject: Re: The 'Science' question about hell.   The 'Science' question about hell. EmptyFri Oct 10, 2008 3:14 am

funny, two weeks ago i received it and it was suppose to be a french student...lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/psycho_slapbass
EV3RY
Acid Rain Clan Member
Acid Rain Clan Member
EV3RY

Number of posts : 502

PostSubject: Re: The 'Science' question about hell.   The 'Science' question about hell. EmptyFri Oct 10, 2008 10:52 am

Nah, French students aint that clever mate Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The 'Science' question about hell.   The 'Science' question about hell. Empty

Back to top Go down

The 'Science' question about hell.
Page 1 of 1