Acid Rain Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

where the hell is everyone nowadays.

Go down 
+43
Schickles
{AR}johnny5
Dev!ant
Mercenary
{AR}Rubz(NL)
highfives
{AR}SOCKS
babekiller45
Yggdrasil
{AR}kold_flame
Triassic
V0!d.
Puttepossu
{AR}wulfman
EV3RY
{AR}Edge
{AR}slapbass
BarryBonds
Marcus
Kraellin
{AR}Schaedling
{AR}NOCOMMERCE
wilk101
PtitGhost
Leafs420
ZNG
{AR}Adeadly
{AR}Warno
{AR}Osok
boogie
Major Zeman
{AR}SaKre
{AR}ARNOLD
T2
{AR}USAGirl
{AR}2M!nutesHate
Roman_Pope
Kamikaze
Ninjadeer
{AR}GoldF!nger
Brawl
{AR}Shadow
Muddy
47 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Muddy
Acid Rain Clan Leader
Acid Rain Clan Leader
Muddy

Number of posts : 382
Registration date : 2008-07-03

where the hell is everyone nowadays. Empty
PostSubject: where the hell is everyone nowadays.   where the hell is everyone nowadays. EmptyTue Sep 30, 2008 10:22 am

I still play et ,almost every day,and the only 1 i see is osok on a regular base.
where is the rest,i thought people wanted to get things going round here?
Back to top Go down
{AR}Shadow
Acid Rain Clan Member
Acid Rain Clan Member
{AR}Shadow

Number of posts : 593
Registration date : 2008-07-18

PostSubject: Re: where the hell is everyone nowadays.   where the hell is everyone nowadays. EmptyTue Sep 30, 2008 10:25 am

i'm around, but i just had 3 weeks of tests, had to study, am around since yesterday again =]
Back to top Go down
http://vincester.hyves.nl
Brawl

Brawl

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2008-09-28

PostSubject: Re: where the hell is everyone nowadays.   where the hell is everyone nowadays. EmptyTue Sep 30, 2008 10:37 am

Well im play ET, about 1 hour each day. But i can't play in the evening =/
Back to top Go down
{AR}GoldF!nger
Acid Rain Clan Member
Acid Rain Clan Member
{AR}GoldF!nger

Number of posts : 797
Registration date : 2008-07-10

PostSubject: Re: where the hell is everyone nowadays.   where the hell is everyone nowadays. EmptyTue Sep 30, 2008 10:58 am

i saw u, but i wouldnt get hit from ur panza banza, no had to cook and do a new window in the house Sad
Back to top Go down
Ninjadeer
Acid Rain Clan Member
Acid Rain Clan Member

Number of posts : 1422
Registration date : 2008-07-04

PostSubject: Re: where the hell is everyone nowadays.   where the hell is everyone nowadays. EmptyTue Sep 30, 2008 11:05 am

uhh not playing et much anymore
Back to top Go down
Kamikaze
Acid Rain Clan Member
Acid Rain Clan Member
Kamikaze

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2008-08-03

PostSubject: Re: where the hell is everyone nowadays.   where the hell is everyone nowadays. EmptyTue Sep 30, 2008 3:31 pm

I'm still around, kind of >>

I just keep getting distracted.

Plus, whenever I get into the mood to play ET the only people online are the bots D:
Back to top Go down
Roman_Pope

Roman_Pope

Number of posts : 265
Registration date : 2008-08-20

PostSubject: Re: where the hell is everyone nowadays.   where the hell is everyone nowadays. EmptyTue Sep 30, 2008 6:40 pm

Same here... time difference. The only time I can get someone on-line is during week-ends.
Back to top Go down
{AR}2M!nutesHate
Acid Rain Clan Leader
Acid Rain Clan Leader
{AR}2M!nutesHate

Number of posts : 774
Registration date : 2008-07-08

PostSubject: Re: where the hell is everyone nowadays.   where the hell is everyone nowadays. EmptyTue Sep 30, 2008 7:54 pm

I'm usually at work, unless I get on at 5 AM. This is why I thought we should have recruited all new people to be in AR in order to revive the servers. It seems many people have already made up their minds on whether they're going to play ET anymore or not. I think many just like to post on the forums and don't want to give that up.

I still play everyday but I have to play on the Chicken Bucket because all of our US/Canadian players don't play at night anymore.
Back to top Go down
{AR}USAGirl
Acid Rain Clan Admin
Acid Rain Clan Admin

Number of posts : 179
Registration date : 2008-07-25

PostSubject: Re: where the hell is everyone nowadays.   where the hell is everyone nowadays. EmptyTue Sep 30, 2008 9:18 pm

I have been working alot. I try to get on but when I do nobody is on.

edit: i will get on later this weekend tho..so i hope to see u guys there.
Back to top Go down
T2
Acid Rain Clan Member
Acid Rain Clan Member
T2

Number of posts : 153

PostSubject: Re: where the hell is everyone nowadays.   where the hell is everyone nowadays. EmptyTue Sep 30, 2008 9:32 pm

Still don't have a computer. It is on my to do list.
Back to top Go down
{AR}ARNOLD
Acid Rain Clan Member
Acid Rain Clan Member

Number of posts : 307
Registration date : 2008-07-06

PostSubject: Re: where the hell is everyone nowadays.   where the hell is everyone nowadays. EmptyWed Oct 01, 2008 8:32 am

i just have been lazy

Razz
Back to top Go down
Roman_Pope

Roman_Pope

PostSubject: Re: where the hell is everyone nowadays.   where the hell is everyone nowadays. EmptyWed Oct 01, 2008 4:03 pm

Yay! One honest answer!
Back to top Go down
{AR}SaKre
Acid Rain Clan Member
Acid Rain Clan Member
{AR}SaKre

Number of posts : 678
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: where the hell is everyone nowadays.   where the hell is everyone nowadays. EmptyWed Oct 01, 2008 7:28 pm

{AR}2M!nutesHate wrote:
This is why I thought we should have recruited all new people to be in AR in order to revive the servers.

Totaly agree. The good old days are over. We should get people to join quiker then before, a hell of a lot quiker. If they seem likable, dont swear and behave there should be no reason not to make them clan asap. We can always kick them out if needed and if the miracle occurs that we get a populated server like we used to have..we can always go back to our old ways.
And people that had their app's up for months should not be offended, times are changing.
Back to top Go down
Major Zeman
Acid Rain Clan Leader
Acid Rain Clan Leader
Major Zeman

Number of posts : 1421
Registration date : 2008-07-26

PostSubject: Re: where the hell is everyone nowadays.   where the hell is everyone nowadays. EmptyThu Oct 02, 2008 1:47 am

Yes they are changing.

I doubt the old times you're craving for will return.

I'm asking myself what kind of people are those you're speaking about, that they would stay on the server only if given powers on it. And whether we really want to give power to such people.
Back to top Go down
boogie

Number of posts : 400

PostSubject: Re: where the hell is everyone nowadays.   where the hell is everyone nowadays. EmptyThu Oct 02, 2008 4:43 am

most guys havent time to wait if someone join server so most of them disconnected.(member/guest)

and what u said muddy that osok is daily on...its true but it help nothing if someone is AFK most of day
Back to top Go down
{AR}SaKre
Acid Rain Clan Member
Acid Rain Clan Member
{AR}SaKre

Number of posts : 678

PostSubject: Re: where the hell is everyone nowadays.   where the hell is everyone nowadays. EmptyThu Oct 02, 2008 7:27 am

Major Zeman wrote:

I'm asking myself what kind of people are those you're speaking about, that they would stay on the server only if given powers on it. And whether we really want to give power to such people.

True I asked myself that question to. The only answer that I have is that it MIGHT help populate the server. I think level 3 is not such a risk power wise.
Back to top Go down
{AR}Osok
Acid Rain Clan Member
Acid Rain Clan Member
{AR}Osok

Number of posts : 268
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: where the hell is everyone nowadays.   where the hell is everyone nowadays. EmptyThu Oct 02, 2008 7:56 am

Boogie, I take offense at that, I play at work so I have no choice, I have to jump in and out, I'm still on more than most....Osok out....
Back to top Go down
{AR}Warno
Acid Rain Clan Member
Acid Rain Clan Member

Number of posts : 1322
Registration date : 2008-07-06

PostSubject: Re: where the hell is everyone nowadays.   where the hell is everyone nowadays. EmptyThu Oct 02, 2008 9:40 am

i try to play daily
Back to top Go down
boogie

PostSubject: Re: where the hell is everyone nowadays.   where the hell is everyone nowadays. EmptyThu Oct 02, 2008 1:52 pm

i meant nothing against u osok..good someone is there but see like this...only bots playing and they look them..i dont know

# Player Name Score Ping Team
{AR}Osok
6198 137 SPECTATOR
B-B
1426 48 SPECTATOR
{AR}wulfman(A)
630 100 SPECTATOR
*DunMK* RUS
133 59 SPECTATOR
Back to top Go down
{AR}Adeadly
Acid Rain Clan Member
Acid Rain Clan Member

Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: where the hell is everyone nowadays.   where the hell is everyone nowadays. EmptyThu Oct 02, 2008 3:36 pm

Hmmmmm i am eeeeh Playing America's Army(got admin responsibility there so). And Playing much Atlantica Online(cool MMORPG Turn Based) and I work very much. But i can't get in the server because i get kicked by PB everytime so. Don't know how to fix it. Tried everything already(Stupid Vista).
Back to top Go down
{AR}2M!nutesHate
Acid Rain Clan Leader
Acid Rain Clan Leader
{AR}2M!nutesHate

PostSubject: Re: where the hell is everyone nowadays.   where the hell is everyone nowadays. EmptyThu Oct 02, 2008 3:45 pm

We need everyone who can to get involved in reviving the servers to their old glory! Even if it's just playing against some bots, if people join the server, others will join and so on and so forth......
Back to top Go down
ZNG
Acid Rain Clan Member
Acid Rain Clan Member
ZNG

Number of posts : 156
Registration date : 2008-08-27

PostSubject: Re: where the hell is everyone nowadays.   where the hell is everyone nowadays. EmptyFri Oct 03, 2008 9:43 am

Well like i wrote once i have some big problems with PB kick me all times try everything but i,m hopples,plus very busy at work.Hope soon i will by new pc and then i will be like before every day .Hope soon i will save some many(for a previous save i both a new car) to by a new pc,at moment i can just be on forums. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Leafs420

Leafs420

Number of posts : 223
Registration date : 2008-07-10

PostSubject: Re: where the hell is everyone nowadays.   where the hell is everyone nowadays. EmptyFri Oct 03, 2008 10:14 am

I still play everyday,i jump on the ar server for a bit before work in the daytime,by the time i get home at night,its empty so i play at chicken bucket.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/wickedkick1
PtitGhost

Number of posts : 177
Registration date : 2008-07-07

PostSubject: Re: where the hell is everyone nowadays.   where the hell is everyone nowadays. EmptyFri Oct 03, 2008 10:49 am

What about if we fix a permanent date for playing ? like every saturdays from 8pm to 12pm GMT ? At least, we may have fun once per week!?

*I'm not playing much nowdays because school is taking an important part of my time now... and week end I try to go have fun with friends...*
Back to top Go down
{AR}2M!nutesHate
Acid Rain Clan Leader
Acid Rain Clan Leader
{AR}2M!nutesHate

PostSubject: Re: where the hell is everyone nowadays.   where the hell is everyone nowadays. EmptyFri Oct 03, 2008 12:07 pm

PtitGhost wrote:
What about if we fix a permanent date for playing ? like every saturdays from 8pm to 12pm GMT ? At least, we may have fun once per week!?

I'm all for that. That would work good for US/Canadian players as well. bounce
Back to top Go down
Ninjadeer
Acid Rain Clan Member
Acid Rain Clan Member

PostSubject: Re: where the hell is everyone nowadays.   where the hell is everyone nowadays. EmptyFri Oct 03, 2008 2:46 pm

{AR}2M!nutesHate wrote:
We need everyone who can to get involved in reviving the servers to their old glory! Even if it's just playing against some bots, if people join the server, others will join and so on and so forth......

tj doesnt help with that confused silent
Back to top Go down
wilk101
Acid Rain Clan Member
Acid Rain Clan Member
wilk101

Number of posts : 591

PostSubject: Re: where the hell is everyone nowadays.   where the hell is everyone nowadays. EmptySat Oct 04, 2008 3:46 pm

i have school been very busy with it i play on weekends but i usually dont see anybody on
Back to top Go down
{AR}Osok
Acid Rain Clan Member
Acid Rain Clan Member
{AR}Osok

Number of posts : 268
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: where the hell is everyone nowadays.   where the hell is everyone nowadays. EmptySat Oct 04, 2008 4:45 pm

I'm moday thru friday 7:30 till 4:00 pm EST only, I wish it were different...Osok out...
Back to top Go down
{AR}NOCOMMERCE
Acid Rain Clan Leader
Acid Rain Clan Leader

Number of posts : 761

PostSubject: Re: where the hell is everyone nowadays.   where the hell is everyone nowadays. EmptySat Oct 04, 2008 5:20 pm

I try to play ET as much as possible, but i have very difficult hours at the moment. I'm building a website for someone and this takes a lot of time.

But it's almost finished, so be aware
Back to top Go down
{AR}Schaedling
Acid Rain Clan Member
Acid Rain Clan Member
{AR}Schaedling

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2008-08-17

PostSubject: Re: where the hell is everyone nowadays.   where the hell is everyone nowadays. EmptySun Oct 05, 2008 5:09 am

I was on ET nearly everyday in the past, most i have seen were osok, shadow, eltigre, goldfinger, arnold, the one, kraellin...
Most from Europe. I think most players are online after work / school, difficult to play with members from usa for example. Is that the reaso??
I hope i can play that often when i start my new Job next week. Cya in GAME
Back to top Go down
{AR}2M!nutesHate
Acid Rain Clan Leader
Acid Rain Clan Leader
{AR}2M!nutesHate

PostSubject: Re: where the hell is everyone nowadays.   where the hell is everyone nowadays. EmptySun Oct 05, 2008 7:35 am

I also think that 2.55 is easier for newer players, which is why we were successful before. 2.60b, while more stable and less easy to hack, is harder for even experienced players to install and run correctly. It kinda sucks that AC took our place on 2.55. Their server is full most of the time, but kudos to them.

So get off your butt and get on the server today!
Back to top Go down
Kraellin
Acid Rain Clan Member
Acid Rain Clan Member

Number of posts : 158
Registration date : 2008-07-30

PostSubject: Re: where the hell is everyone nowadays.   where the hell is everyone nowadays. EmptySun Oct 05, 2008 9:35 am

the u.s. can be anywhere from 5 to 9 hours behind european time, so it can be a bit tricky to get those two areas together. when i used to play Total War, we'd usually shoot for 2 or 3 in the afternoon, e.s.t. but that can be tough on a weekday when folks are still in school or at work here in the u.s. weekends are easier to line up because of this.
Back to top Go down
Marcus
Acid Rain Clan Member
Acid Rain Clan Member

Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2008-07-07

PostSubject: Re: where the hell is everyone nowadays.   where the hell is everyone nowadays. EmptyTue Oct 07, 2008 5:23 pm

Leafs420 wrote:
I still play everyday,i jump on the ar server for a bit before work in the daytime,by the time i get home at night,its empty so i play at chicken bucket.

ill give u a dolla for ur low ping leafs so i can play on cb wen noone is on ar
Back to top Go down
BarryBonds

Number of posts : 28

PostSubject: Re: where the hell is everyone nowadays.   where the hell is everyone nowadays. EmptyTue Oct 07, 2008 7:44 pm

i just cant play anymore... no more time. im too busy with university and cant exactly spend much time on the servers let alone on the forums... i check in every once in a while, though. Also, ET and I just dont get along much anymore. i dont have as much fun playing it as i did before i guess.. i do hop on every once in a while Wink
Back to top Go down
Muddy
Acid Rain Clan Leader
Acid Rain Clan Leader
Muddy

Number of posts : 382

PostSubject: Re: where the hell is everyone nowadays.   where the hell is everyone nowadays. EmptyWed Oct 08, 2008 1:23 am

is it an option to get the server back to 2.55??

anyone with some techknowledge might wanna answer this question!?
Back to top Go down
boogie

PostSubject: Re: where the hell is everyone nowadays.   where the hell is everyone nowadays. EmptyWed Oct 08, 2008 4:40 am

i asked same too for a while....but i didnt found where

so mz said (i try to remember ) its hard for et settings (or something like that) protect for hacks and so on...or other stuffs

no help sry muddy hehe...i m sure someone explain it better
Back to top Go down
Major Zeman
Acid Rain Clan Leader
Acid Rain Clan Leader
Major Zeman

PostSubject: Re: where the hell is everyone nowadays.   where the hell is everyone nowadays. EmptyWed Oct 08, 2008 5:39 am

That question would have to go to Eagle.

The issue with ET2.55 is there is a well known exploit in download facility that allows you to execute any remote code on the attacked computer.

It can only be solved by very tight security in the OS or by disabling www download redirects.
Back to top Go down
{AR}slapbass
Acid Rain Clan Member
Acid Rain Clan Member
{AR}slapbass

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2008-10-07

PostSubject: Re: where the hell is everyone nowadays.   where the hell is everyone nowadays. EmptyFri Oct 10, 2008 3:25 am

i'm in the forum now, i'll try to be online
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/psycho_slapbass
{AR}Edge
Acid Rain Clan Member
Acid Rain Clan Member
{AR}Edge

Number of posts : 151
Registration date : 2009-03-16

PostSubject: Re: where the hell is everyone nowadays.   where the hell is everyone nowadays. EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 11:21 am

I will be on a ton now, both on the forums and in the game.
Back to top Go down
EV3RY
Acid Rain Clan Member
Acid Rain Clan Member
EV3RY

Number of posts : 502

PostSubject: Re: where the hell is everyone nowadays.   where the hell is everyone nowadays. EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 12:14 pm

I gave up ET when I bought a half decent pc.
Newer games are far better than the old Dinosaur game that ET has become.
Its like playing Pong to me, basic and dated.
Move on to more modern games to attract more people I suggest.

Try Quake live, its free and takes no HDD space whatsoever because it runs through your browser.
Back to top Go down
{AR}wulfman
Acid Rain Clan Admin
Acid Rain Clan Admin
{AR}wulfman

Number of posts : 254
Registration date : 2008-07-23

PostSubject: Re: where the hell is everyone nowadays.   where the hell is everyone nowadays. EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 2:19 pm

If it would be ET I gave up years ago; its because of ppl that I`m here.
I guess we could play Pong and I`m still here Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Major Zeman
Acid Rain Clan Leader
Acid Rain Clan Leader
Major Zeman

PostSubject: Re: where the hell is everyone nowadays.   where the hell is everyone nowadays. EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 4:18 pm

..as long as we can host it online with at least 8 slots on each side.
Back to top Go down
Puttepossu

Puttepossu

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2009-02-06

PostSubject: Re: where the hell is everyone nowadays.   where the hell is everyone nowadays. EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 9:33 am

well havent been much playing cus mom told me not to and stuff, but now atm downloading ET again ;DD cya soon in servers Razz
Back to top Go down
V0!d.

V0!d.

Number of posts : 87

PostSubject: Re: where the hell is everyone nowadays.   where the hell is everyone nowadays. EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 10:41 am

E.T. is still a massive amount of fun when you are against people but the bots dont cry when you shoot them so the dark side remains undernourished.

I think the problem is E.T. is now dated and when the computers get turned on E.T. falls down the list. Quake live, Warsow, Torncity just get more of my attention and the times i start up etstarter pro it seems empty of life.

V0!d.
Back to top Go down
wilk101
Acid Rain Clan Member
Acid Rain Clan Member
wilk101

Number of posts : 591

PostSubject: Re: where the hell is everyone nowadays.   where the hell is everyone nowadays. EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 4:55 pm

I still play ET still love the game just very busy with school. Expect to see a lot more during the summer time
Back to top Go down
Ninjadeer
Acid Rain Clan Member
Acid Rain Clan Member

PostSubject: Re: where the hell is everyone nowadays.   where the hell is everyone nowadays. EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 1:29 am

I play ALOT these days.
Back to top Go down
Triassic
Acid Rain Clan Member
Acid Rain Clan Member
Triassic

Number of posts : 732
Registration date : 2008-11-15

PostSubject: Re: where the hell is everyone nowadays.   where the hell is everyone nowadays. EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 2:44 am

wilk101 wrote:
I still play ET still love the game just very busy with school. Expect to see a lot more during the summer time

Same goes for me. Eventhough I try to pop in atleast twice a week
Back to top Go down
V0!d.

V0!d.

Number of posts : 87

PostSubject: Re: where the hell is everyone nowadays.   where the hell is everyone nowadays. EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 7:31 am

EV3RY wrote:
Try Quake live, its free and takes no HDD space whatsoever because it runs through your browser.

Not quite if you look in these places (usually hidden from end users unless you show hidden and system files)
windows XP:
%appdata%\id Software\quakelive\home\baseq3
windows Vista:
%userprofile%\AppData\LocalLow\id Software\quakelive\home\baseq3\

You will find 260mb+ of data was downloaded to your pc.

My Quakelive name is ZaZen and i'm rubbish Smile
V0!d.
Back to top Go down
Roman_Pope

Roman_Pope

PostSubject: Re: where the hell is everyone nowadays.   where the hell is everyone nowadays. EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 5:07 pm

I am pretty much giving up... no place to call home Sad.
Back to top Go down
{AR}kold_flame
Acid Rain Clan Member
Acid Rain Clan Member
{AR}kold_flame

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2009-03-15

PostSubject: Re: where the hell is everyone nowadays.   where the hell is everyone nowadays. EmptyWed Apr 01, 2009 7:23 pm

Let's all listen to some Bob Dylan - Times Are Changin' haha
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/overusedwords
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: where the hell is everyone nowadays.   where the hell is everyone nowadays. Empty

Back to top Go down

where the hell is everyone nowadays.
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next