Acid Rain Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Soundcard/chip problem

Go down 
+2
Triassic
EV3RY
6 posters
AuthorMessage
EV3RY
Acid Rain Clan Member
Acid Rain Clan Member
EV3RY

Number of posts : 502
Registration date : 2008-07-21

Soundcard/chip problem Empty
PostSubject: Soundcard/chip problem   Soundcard/chip problem EmptyWed Dec 31, 2008 7:22 am

Help me.
I have an Asus m2n-e sli mobo on a 64bit Vista O/S with onboard soundchip (crap I know) that has done me well so far.
Today I was browsing youtube and when I closed the browser there was a loud hiss which I thought was the video I had just closed. Now I can only hear hiss unless I turn sound down really low then I can hear sounds but they have a weird metallic sound and bad distortion to em.
I ran a diagnostic on the prob which told me that driver was obsolete which is strange as it has been working fine up until today. I have tried updating drivers and even tried rolling them back but still have problem with it. I am guessing that I have cooked my chip as they do run hot so I am told when playing intensive games so am gonna need a new soundcard, any suggestions on either repairing the prob or on which card to buy as replacement.

I am stumped with this one so any help would be appreciated confused
Back to top Go down
Triassic
Acid Rain Clan Member
Acid Rain Clan Member
Triassic

Number of posts : 732
Registration date : 2008-11-15

PostSubject: Re: Soundcard/chip problem   Soundcard/chip problem EmptyWed Dec 31, 2008 11:37 am

Did you check all your soundssettings? What if you turned all the settings back to default?
Back to top Go down
EV3RY
Acid Rain Clan Member
Acid Rain Clan Member
EV3RY

PostSubject: Re: Soundcard/chip problem   Soundcard/chip problem EmptyWed Dec 31, 2008 11:49 am

Yeah mate i tried that but nothing got it back to normal.
Like i said i just closed browser and it went all hissy, didnt adjust anything to make it go wrong Sad

Im blaming leafs for it anyway Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Triassic
Acid Rain Clan Member
Acid Rain Clan Member
Triassic

PostSubject: Re: Soundcard/chip problem   Soundcard/chip problem EmptyWed Dec 31, 2008 12:24 pm

EV3RY wrote:
Yeah mate i tried that but nothing got it back to normal.
Like i said i just closed browser and it went all hissy, didnt adjust anything to make it go wrong Sad

Im blaming leafs for it anyway Twisted Evil

Yeah, leafs still has some magical powers left! Like Screwing up computers...motherboards and stuff like that.

Anyways, then its probably something with your motherboard. I'd buy a simple creative soundcard, disable your intergrated one and use the creative one. Maybe its a cable or something though.... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
EV3RY
Acid Rain Clan Member
Acid Rain Clan Member
EV3RY

PostSubject: Re: Soundcard/chip problem   Soundcard/chip problem EmptyWed Dec 31, 2008 12:56 pm

Creative is what I am looking to get once the holidays are over and I think its the integrated chip gone kaput too. Thx for your input anyways matey Cool
Back to top Go down
{AR}2M!nutesHate
Acid Rain Clan Leader
Acid Rain Clan Leader
{AR}2M!nutesHate

Number of posts : 774
Registration date : 2008-07-08

PostSubject: Re: Soundcard/chip problem   Soundcard/chip problem EmptyWed Dec 31, 2008 5:39 pm

I have a Sound Blaster X-Fi Audio [A000] by Creative Labs. It has worked really well for me so far.
Back to top Go down
{AR}Falkoner
Acid Rain Clan Leader
Acid Rain Clan Leader
{AR}Falkoner

Number of posts : 366
Registration date : 2008-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Soundcard/chip problem   Soundcard/chip problem EmptyThu Jan 01, 2009 4:31 pm

Probably the sound chip I would guess. Over the years I have found sound issues to be rather frustrating. Have you completely uninstalled and reinstalled the driver? I see you updated and back dated. Also, have you tried another set of speakers? If you have another.... or a headset..... Just to make sure it's not the speakers.
Back to top Go down
EV3RY
Acid Rain Clan Member
Acid Rain Clan Member
EV3RY

PostSubject: Re: Soundcard/chip problem   Soundcard/chip problem EmptyFri Jan 02, 2009 1:54 am

Problem seems to be fixed now. I was advised to go into BIOS and disable Legacy driver support for the onboard chip there and after a reboot I now have sound back. Its a mystery that one minute it was working and then it just packs up with no prompting by adjusting settings and the like. I am still looking to replace the chip with a card so this problem will not occur again. Thx for the input from you guys anyway. Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
Major Zeman
Acid Rain Clan Leader
Acid Rain Clan Leader
Major Zeman

Number of posts : 1421
Registration date : 2008-07-26

PostSubject: Re: Soundcard/chip problem   Soundcard/chip problem EmptySat Jan 03, 2009 12:10 pm

Triassic wrote:
Yeah, leafs still has some magical powers left! Like Screwing up computers...motherboards and stuff like that.

If it was just computers he's screwing he wouldn't have so much troubles with the local police department...
Back to top Go down
ranger1
Acid Rain Clan Member
Acid Rain Clan Member
ranger1

Number of posts : 340
Registration date : 2008-07-13

PostSubject: Re: Soundcard/chip problem   Soundcard/chip problem EmptySat Jan 03, 2009 5:21 pm

yah i was gonna tell ya the same thing about the legacy support apparently it gets a little glicthy with vista i had same problem with my onboard sound and i had the same board you got but i changed over to a sound blaster xfi gamere card and much happyer they arent to bad now about 80 dollars here
Back to top Go down
Triassic
Acid Rain Clan Member
Acid Rain Clan Member
Triassic

PostSubject: Re: Soundcard/chip problem   Soundcard/chip problem EmptyMon Jan 05, 2009 2:49 pm

Major Zeman wrote:
Triassic wrote:

If it was just computers he's screwing he wouldn't have so much troubles with the local police department...

SOMEONE CALL 911! lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Soundcard/chip problem   Soundcard/chip problem Empty

Back to top Go down

Soundcard/chip problem
Page 1 of 1